About South Carolina Solutions
South Carolina Solutions (SCS) has been serving the Medically Complex Children’s Waiver (MCCW) population since 2009. Over the years, we have become an industry leader in care coordination. SCS currently serves medically complex children throughout the state, providing care coordination for the child and the family in their natural environment. We help children transition from the hospital to the community, offering a better quality of life for the children and their families while decreasing the cost of healthcare for the state.
- SCS’ registered nurses (RNs) have at least 3 years of experience managing children with complex medical conditions.
- Care Coordinators (CCs) contact the family each month and have face-to-face quarterly meetings.
- CCs collaborate with the providers and their staff to maintain contact and improve the child’s health, while working with them to prevent hospitalizations and emergency room visits
The MCCW Program
South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (SC DHHS) developed MCCW in January 2009 to provide care coordination support for families who have a child with a chronic illness or health condition expected to last 12 months or more. Since the MCCW program’s inception, SCS has administered an Enhanced Primary Care Case Management program.
- Barbara Freeman, MD, FAAFP, CCM, Interim Executive Director of State Programs ~ 1-727-697-9742 ~ email@example.com
- Ashley Kay, Director of Care Coordination Upstate ~ 1-864-436-7764 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tara Campbell, Director of Care Coordination Low Country ~ 1-843-353-8755 ~ email@example.com
- Whitney Watson, Director of Care Coordination Midlands ~ 1-803-530-9377 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Natasha Smith, Director of Care Advocate Programs ~ 1-864-365-5760 ~ email@example.com
- Elizabeth Morris, Director of Network Programs ~ 1-864-331-9537 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tammy Stone, Director of Quality ~ 1-864-499-4052 ~ email@example.com
Notice of Non-Discrimination/Language Services
If your primary language is not English, language assistance services are available for you, free of charge. Call 1-888-549-0820 (TTY 1-888-842-3620).